Hardened Managed Ethernet Switch/Extender
EtherWAN’s ED3575 is a hardened managed Ethernet switch and extender combo. Equipped with Ethernet, SFP, and copper extender ports, the ED3575 bridges the gap between modern and legacy infrastructures, providing the flexibility and versatility for networks in urban infrastructure, transportation, security, and other areas where connectivity is crucial.
- Managed platform with dual functions as a switch and an extender
- Dual SFP ports for fiber connectivity
- Dual VDSL2 ports extend data up to 2.2km using legacy copper pair wire
- Wide operating temperature range -40 to 75°C
- Fanless operation
- High impact, thermal shock, and electrical noise resistance
- 802.1x port-based network access control and remote authentication through RADIUS and TACACS+
EtherWAN’s Ethernet Extenders remove the standard 100-meter limit of IEEE 802.3 Ethernet, and use existing cable infrastructure such as phone wire, twisted pair or coaxial cable to economically connect remote or separated networks.
Ethernet extenders can transmit data across various types of copper wiring, including phone lines or twisted pair cable. A common application for extenders is when an organization is transitioning from a closed circuit to an IP based surveillance system. Instead of installing a new cable infrastructure, extenders allow the existing cabling to be used for data transmission. This is exceptionally cost-effective when the surveillance system must cover a wide area, such as a large office complex, university, or a neighborhood.
An added feature of EtherWAN’s Ethernet extenders is the company’s proprietary Power over Link (PoL) / PoE technology, which can power distant security cameras, access points, and even traffic control equipment, while allowing data to be transferred over existing copper wiring.