groov Box Solo
groov is Opto 22’s web-based Internet of Things (IoT) and operator interface system that is simple, mobile, and connects easily to automation systems, software, databases, and devices of all kinds.
You build your mobile interface—your own custom mobile app—using any computer with a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE10). No programming or coding is required. You can mix devices and data from different manufacturers and sources in the same interface if you wish.
The interface you build can be used on an Apple or Android mobile device with the free groov View app. Or you can view the same interface on any brand computer or device with a web browser—even a web-enabled HDTV.
GROOV-AR1-BASE is the plug-and-play groov Box appliance that includes all groov software plus the
Node-RED open-source programming environment. With Node-RED, you can take advantage of pre-built nodes to wire together hardware devices, databases, software APIs (application program interfaces), and cloud services to achieve your Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) goals. Node-RED nodes are available for groov and for Opto 22 SNAP PAC controllers. Learn more about Node-RED.
Plug the groov Box into your computer network and begin building your mobile operator interface right away. A self-contained, industrially hardened appliance, the groov Box includes two independent 1-GB Ethernet interfaces and USB expansion for wireless LAN interfaces. The Box has a solid-state fanless design with no moving parts, a wide 0-70 °C (32-158 °F) operating temperature range, and a compact footprint.
GROOV-AR1-BASE provides the groov Solo platform. groov Solo lets you monitor and control one of the following:
– one Modbus/TCP device
– one Opto 22 SNAP PAC controller (SNAP PAC R-series, S-series, or SoftPAC)
– one groov Data Store (a database, cloud service, or API can write data to or read data from the store)
– one OptoEMU Sensor energy monitoring unit
No intermediary servers or protocol converters are required.
Price includes groov Box and power supply, all groov software, and one year of updates. Annual maintenance for successive years is just 10% of list price. Product Support is free.
For more information on groov, visit groov.com.
Additional groov platforms:
– groov Plus: To monitor and control multiple Modbus/TCP devices, Data Stores, and/or SNAP PAC controllers, also purchase GROOV-LIC-PLUS.
– groov Enterprise: To monitor and control OPC UA-compatible automation systems and equipment (in addition to multiple Modbus devices, Data Stores, and SNAP PACs), also purchase GROOV-LIC-ENT. groov Enterprise links you to a wide variety of industrial automation, building automation, energy management, and other systems.
NOTE: If you prefer to use a Windows-based computer rather than a plug-and-play appliance, see groov Server for Windows. Compare groov Box and groov Server.